Kidney transplant patient, GOUT in ankles, weakness, takes pregnisone. What next?

Hi, My husband is a kidney transplant patient all of ten years, and has just started to get gout in his aounkle, I know that gout gos to the weakest joint , is there any way to stop getting it, he usually takes pregnisone and goes to bed for awhile, but he is working so he cant be off work all the time. We eat a very healthy diet , but does it mean that he will have to give up beer and spirits altogether. Thank-you Shirley.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013