Jaundice infection, yellow eyes, skin itching, yellow urine. History of diabetes. Diet and OTC medication?

My dad is diabetic (age 70) and came to visit us in XXX from XXXX. He seems to have jaundice (yellow color of the white eye portion, skin itching, yellow urine etc) Since the medical help is very costly and limited for visitor as they do not have adequate insurance, I am not sure what to do. Can you please recommend me a proper diet and any over the counter medication for him? Thanks so much
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012