Itchiness, redness in hands. Swollen fingers. Is it contagious?

for the past 2 weeks my hands have itchy and red, this has got steadily worse over the days and my fingers are now covered in spots and blisters and are really swollen, the itching seems to be worse at night. I have not eaten anything different nor have changed my soap powder. I don t have eczema nor do I believe its the water and I have been using the same hand cream for years. My doctor cannot see me until 5 Feb however my hands are getting worse by the day to the point I have to wear gloves when preparing food to cook as I do not know if this is contagious. please advise!!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013