What are the possible causes for small blisters after dysentery?

had dysentery for 2 days and very lethargic and on the 3rd day had a raised rash and now while the rash has abated a little I know have small blisters breaking out
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, observe. It generally resolves by itself. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear what you have experienced. The most common cause of diarrhea are actually viruses. These same viruses are probably responsible for this skin rash and blisters. Viral infections generally require no specific drugs other than controlling for the symptoms. These symptoms generally resolve all by themselves. I will simply advice that you remain observant and report any further concerns if these do not clear up. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.