Is there any nasal spray that can be used after PTA and impedance audiogram ?

After having problems with ear fullness for around a year and a half, The ENT decided to perform a PTA and Impedance Audiogram, the results from the PTA are that I have slight hearing loss in my right ear. The results from the Impedance Audiogram came back as normal... What I m wondering, does drinking too much beer or alcohol cause problems with congestion and ear fullness... My ENT does have a point when he said that high alcohol consumption causes congestion, as when I ve been drinking, the ear fullness and nasal & Eustachian tube congestion is worse. What I m wondering is, if I take a clean break from alcohol, and lose a few stones in weight, is there a good chance of eliminating these problems. My friends are smokers and when I m visiting them, the cigarette smoke does aggravate the symptoms... My ENT has also mentioned that long term use of the Sudafed Nasal Spray can also have a part to play due to Rebound congestion, is there any other nasal spray I can use for a blocked nose instead of Sudafed that does have the rebound congestion effect ?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Dec 2011