Is gouty arthritis a life long disability ?

is my gouty arthritis concidered a lifelong disability since i have treated for over two years? thanks! XXX
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
1. Gouty arthritis occurs whenever the uric acid level raises in your blood and gets deposited in joints and adjacent structures,
2. Genetic predisposition is a cause which might lead cause either increased production of uric acid or decreased excretion of uric acid through kidneys even with normal diet,
3. For those who don't have such predisposition high protein diet +/- alcohol, co-morbid conditions like hypertension, diabetis mellitus, renal diseases, few medications can increase the uric acid level or decrease its excretion,
4. Whether you have such genetic predisposition or not, if you can control your uric acid raise in blood through diet, gouty attacks can be prevented and you can lead a normal life without medications also,
5. So this disease doesnt usually warrants lifelong medications like hypertension, diabetis mellitus, hypothyroidism etc.,
6. Drinking lot of water, avoiding dehydration/exhaustion, avoiding alcohol intake, avoiding foods like - mutton, liver, kidney, yeast, sweetbread can avoid gouty attacks.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgery Dr. Roshan's  Response
Gout is a disease characterized by an abnormal metabolism of uric acid, resulting in an excess of uric acid in the tissues and blood.Uric acid is generated as we metabolize the food we eat and as the body's tissues are broken down during normal cell turnover. Some people with gout generate too much uric acid (10% of those affected) and are medically referred to as "over-producers." Other people with gout do not effectively eliminate their uric acid into the urine (90%) and are medically referred to as under-excreters. Genetics (our inherited genes), gender, and nutrition (alcoholism, obesity) play key roles in the development of gout. GOUT IS LIFE LONG ISEASE BUT UNLIKE HYPERTENSION OR DIABETES PERSON WITH GOUTY ARTHRITIS CAN REMAIN SYMPTOMS FREE AND WITHOUT DRUGS FOR MANY YEARS BY PREVENTION ie, fololwing strict diet for gout and proper dehydration

by Dr Roshan Bhandari

Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Premlal Patel's  Response
Hello dear thankyou for post your problem here,
Gouty arthritis is conciderd a life lond disease but for curative measure we can do the Hydrotherapy and yogic excercise:
Hydrotherapy: 1. Do the Excecise inside the water(leukwarm ) that give the more
strength to all joint due to apposite pressure.
2. Use the special cotton Pack or woolen cloth for hands and Legs its
prevention in winter season.
Yoga therapy : Sukhsma Vyama (loosening excercise) from all digit of finger to bigger
joints of bone. and
Kaplbhati Pranayam & Anulom vilom Pranayam

best regards.

surely you will get maximum relief from your problem by certain ayurvedic treatment.. let me suggest you some ayurvedic medicines.and i hope you are not having any other health problems..since you dint wrote much about your problems i must add this word! do consult your nearby ayurvedic physician,untill you can have DAZZLE CAPSULE 1-1-1 .thank you.
Thank you for the inquiry.

Gouty arthrtis can be cured will Ayurveda therapies and medicines.

If you are interested, I can recommend the medicines and therapies.

How is your uric acid level? ERS? do you have any reports to share

dr.devidas vellodi