Irritating hard/bony bump on the upper left side of chest, nothing shown in x-ray, ultrasound. Is this a pulled muscle ?

I am a 23 year old female. I have a hard/ boney bump on the upper left side of my chest . It doesn t hurt it just feels irritated sometimes. I had a ultrasound and chest wall X-ray and nothing showed up. My doctor thinks it may just be a pulled muscle from working out, but it s been about two months and it hasn t gone away... I haven t been totally not using my chest muscle but I haven t really been working out because of it either. Is this just a pulled muscle? Or could it be something else?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013