Irregular periods, twice or thrice a year. Taking cycloset medication. Side effects on fertility?

Hi, I am 22 years old, and started getting periods at the age of 14. Since the time it started it was never regular. On an average, i get it twice or thrice a year. Since the past 3 months I am having Cycloset. I wanted to know a cure for the issue and whether i will have issues in getting pregnant in future and what are the other health issues I may have to face.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012

Irregular periods in itself will not harm your health but reason why they are can. This can be due to thyroid problems, poly cystic ovaries or simply hormonal imbalance. It would be a good idea to get it investigated and know why your periods are irregular.