Irregular periods, mid-cycle spotting, taking Primolut-N for continuous bleeding. Can I smoke while on medicines?

Hi i was prescribed primolut n to stop my menstrual bleeding. im 47 y.o i do have irregular mens some months i have spotting after the normal cycle period. but this month just after 4 days of my normal heavy cycle with clotting, i had another mens with the same volume. Ive seen my GP and being prescribed with Primolut N to stop the bleeding & advised to have pelvic ultrasound on monday . I lied to my Gp when i said i dont smoke . hence i only smoke socially as in once a day ciggy..Can i still continue somking whilst on medication? BTW, 2 yrs ago a fibroid was seen in my ovary.. thank
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012