Irregular periods after childbirth. Brownish spotting. Low back ache and PMS. What to do?

i used to have regular monthly menstrual cycle before pregnancy, post pregnancy i started having irregular and late i have nogot my period since 2 months and i have this intermittant browinish spotting since 3 days...i am having pms and low bacache as if i am about to start my period but i am not getting my i am
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Thank you for the question.I would advise you to go for a urine pregnancy test.If it is negative you can get withdrawl bleeding with 5 days of progesterone
tablets (like T.meperate.) After that it is better to get examined by a gynaecologist.You may require pelvic ultrasound and and some blood tests like thyroid profile.Also it is important to use reliable contraception.All the best