Irregular periods, USG showed bulky bilateral ovaries, multiple subcentimetric follicles, prescribed Novelon. Will it work for me?

hi doctor, i m 26 years old unmarried girl, i do have a problem of irregular mesntruation problem about 8 months.I recently looked for the Gynaecologist and as per Doctor suggestion i did USG which shows bilateral ovaries are bulky in size wih multiple subcentimetric follicles along the periphery and increased core echogenicity except that everything is normal and Doctor prescribed me NOVELON.Since it is pregnancy prevention pill will it work for me?Ain t there any other medicine other than this?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012