Irregular periods. Have PCOD. Hormonal pills suggested. Is it safe? Side effects?

I am recently married and I have PCOD( Follicies on both left and roght ovaries) . Since childhood my cycle is irregular. I have been suggested the Yamini hormonal pills for 3 months after pelvic ultrasound. Is this medicine safe ? As i have heard that these medicine force your cycle and hence result in lot of side effects like facial hair and obesity. Please help me, should i take this medicine or switch to some othe ayurvedic medicines. I am also not palnning to conceive for next 2 years.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013