Irregular bleeding, orange discharge. Curious? What could be wrong?

I am a 50 year old woman......recently have been experiencing irregular bleeding over past couple of months (it stops and returns). I had a vaginal and sterile ultrasound done......small contour and a variant cyst . My doctor did not seemed alarmed......I am just wondering if this is change of life issues......I am experiencing an Orange (light) discharge . I also was informed that I am mild anemic. Why am I having this discharge? I am afraid to have sex because it causes bleeding. Curious?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013