Inter-menstrual bleeding, delayed periods. Negative pregnancy test. Causes?

hi, im 37 years old and up to last month have had normal regular periods (28-30 days which lasts 4 days) last month i got my period on 31/5/12 and it finished on 4/6/12. i then started bleeding again on the 12/6/12 which stopped on the 20/6/12. this has never happened before. i am now on day 35 of my cycle with no sign of my period. iv done a home pregnancy test on day 31 and it was negative.. what could be the cause of this??
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012