Intense pain around ankle area, swelling on walking or sitting in one position, eases on sleeping, no relief with medicines. Solution?

Hi doctor, I have pain in the area around my swells up if at all I walk a lil longer or sit with my foot down or exert a little bit...It pains... A LOTTT..and once I sleep at night the pain goes away and the swelling also reduces to a great extent..But stays..does not vanish...I tried consulting an orthopedic consultant and asked if it was elephantiasis ...but he said No...I am suffering for almost 2 years now...No doctors or medicines helped.. Please help with a solution and let me know the probable cause if you can...
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012