Injured shoulder, tender, sharp pain. Prescribed inflammatory, steroid. Not much improvement. Cure?

May have injured my shoulder one year ago, moving. It has given me problems since on and off. recently the last month I have been in severe pain. I use heat when I can and am able to. it helps. Its a sharp pain on tip of shoulder radiates over the front of shoulder into top muscle. Pain is also in back of my shoulder. Very tender, sharp pains. I Cant reach behind me to grab anything, it pops sometimes. I have been a barber for going on 14 years now. I have no medical insurance and was seen at an ER two weeks ago, prescribed anti inflammatory and a steroid after the doctor giving me xrays, no MRI , and being told to see an orthopedic . I can t afford to see the orthopedic and they will not make payment arrangements anymore, Want payment in full before being seen. I am really scared as to what might be wrong inside there and I could be making it worse. I would think after a steroid treatment this would be better? Not worse. I am miserable at work and trying to sleep. This is affecting my career.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013