Injured MCL, limping, unable to stretch, loss of stability. Why?

I recently injured my MCL, i was off it for about half a week, then i was able to walk around without limping. I started exercising when most of the pain was gone, everything was going alright. About 4 and a half weeks in i started skateboarding again, i didn't have any pain while skateboarding but still felt a little unstable, i ended up re-injuring it. After the second time, i was off it for a couple days, icing and using crutches. Its been about 5 weeks now from the second injury and i have been exercising it for maybe 3 weeks now, walking is fine, and most everything else. I am a little scared to go back to skateboarding. my leg still wont extend fully, and there is pain when i try, same goes for stretching it backwards towards my bottom. I am wondering how much longer i should wait until returning to sports. Should i wait for all pain to be gone? or can i return sooner?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013