Thanks for writing to us.
Swelling and difficulty in swallowing usually does not occur post root canal treatment
if successfully completed.
An x-ray will help to rule out any faulty method if used.
Faulty method of instrumentation,infected pulp remaining within the canals,ledge formation,overinstrumentation of canals into the apex -all these can be source of swelling.
Re-rct has to be done to remove the infected pulp remaining within the canals.
Take complete course of antibiotics taken.
Gargle frequently using warm saline or betadine