Infant with cough, sneezing, low grade fever. Not able to sleep. Mucus in the throat. What to do?

18 month old daughter been sick with cough, sneezing, drainage, on and off low grade fever, horrible mood. going on week 6 now, she is on two kinds of allergy meds, cough syrup, antibiodics, and recently stronger antibodics and/ a oral steriod. She is better but still sick. my problem now is i'm very worried she can't sleep or nap because her cough wakes her up. Now tonite she was so tired she fell asleep and is coughing/sneezing without waking up, and it sounds like she is gagging or trying to throw up. What can I do to help her. It sounds like she had a big amount of mucus in her throat that needs to come out but she can't get it out.

Thank you kindly,
Alabama mom
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013