Increasing swelling and pain in the palm below the thumb. Hand hurts while using mouse. Cause treatment?

On the palm side of my hand under my thumb it appears swollen. I get a dull ache from it. It got better for a while and now seems worse. When I press the top of my hand there is pain from a bone. The pain is increased when i spread my finger and thumb apart. When I touch my hand there is pain on the top and underside of my palm. I have not been diagnosed by GP as been unable to make an appointment. It hurts on the top of my hand whilst using a mouse.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013