Immense weight gain after umbilical hernia surgery. Recommendations for physical therapy?

Male, 63 years old, 5 10 , Aprox. 183 lbs.: I had an umbilical hernia surgery September 10, 2012. I have gained so much weight that I can not get into any of my good slacks. The surgery was a workman s comp surgery. The company s primary care physician set me up with one surgeon. Assuming that I needed to take some control, I insisted on a second opinion and went with the 2nd surgeon recommend by the insurance company (who may not have been any better than the first). The surgeon who performed the my hernia operation was not too communicative. I asked him if I shouldn t have some physical therapy and he said I don t need physical therapy.I think it would have been good to have had some help from a therapist, strengthening my core (back and abs). I don t know why I have gained so much weight, unless I was favoring myself. It is hard for me now, to bend over, to get down and get back up. Puttin on my socks and shoes id difficult. Is there physical therapy for umbilical hernia surgery?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013