What to do if infected by umblical hernia during pregnancy causing bloating?

hello sir, im being infected by umblical hernia during pregnency. i cant lift any objects and i cant bend down after meals i feel severe pain when i do these activities. now im not able to pass gas too. what should i do now?? any pills are available for gastric problems? if so please help me sir...
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment of gastric problem is given below Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Firstly, excessive gas formation and bloating after meals, are usually due to stomach or/and intestine infection. The symptoms tend to aggravate in the presence of umbilical hernia. The commonest infective agent is H.pylori. A 2 weeks' course of anti-H.pylori therapy, ALONG WITH pro-kinetic drug, such as, domperidone or metoclopramide (to hasten forward movement of foods and gas down the intestine); thereafter, w.e.f. Day 15, start anti-acid drug such as, omeprazole or rabeprazole for next 2-3 months. Along with anti-H.pylori therapy, also take probiotics such as, lactobacillus and, digestive enzymes for 2-3 weeks. You will certainly have a slow but steady and progressive improvement of your problems, and will be totally cured over 3-4 months. At the same time, avoid high gas forming foods, such as, beans, cabbage, broccoli, raisins, lentils, apples and fruit juices. It would, however, be appropriate that you undergo surgery for hernia repair. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; and prescribe the advised drugs in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal