I want to lose weight

HI DOCTOR , am female 23yrs old got married and have kid also i dont why am putting weight pls help me now am 87 kgs how to reduce it
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
it is common to gain weight during pregnancy
it is due to hormonal changes
u will slowly regress it
u need to control ur total calorie input
input must be lower then output,
avoid oily ,spicy and junk food.
do regular exercise and yoga
drink more water
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
welcome to gain most common cause is dietary-i.e we eat excessively sometimes to finish food-to clear leftovers.If diet is ruled out there are other causes like lack of adequate physical activity.Also other causes are hypothyroid,renal disease,cardiac disease.please rule out these causes ,if all are ruled out you must increase your physical activity to burn excess caloreies so as to cause weight loss.Take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please note there are many reason for gain in weight.Like thyroid problem,sedentary life style,poor diet control etc.Do regular exercise,plan your diet with the help of dietician.You need to do regular exercise at least 6 days in a week.Weight reduction is a mission and you have to fight it.
all the best.