I have a dent in my head, should I see a doctor ?

i hit my head on a cabinet about two months ago and i now have a dent in my head should i see a doctor
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear you are giving history of hitting of two months ago, so at this time there is nothing to worry. the dent you are talking of can be concussion, whose treatment will be more troublesome than the disease at this time. yes, if it associated with some complaints then consult your physcian.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
hitting hard may cause a swelling [haematome]
and with time when it is getting absorbed a denting may be felt
it is always better to get checked up and find out the reason of of denting
better you consult a surgeon and besure ther is nothing to worry for the thing
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Hicks,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
The skull bone is not weak, it requires sufficient amount of pressure to cause fracture of the skull bone. Hitting the head over the cabinet would not be causing any fracture of the skull.This depression can be the normal indentation of the skull bone. If you are very much worried you can definitely get a CT scan of the head to rule out any damage to the skull.

Dr. Naveen Kumar