I had lot of dandruff and now there is a hair fall

I had lot of dandruff and now there is a hair fall v badly in fact in some places there patch hair loss why is it? what is the solution?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Jan 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
hello Vathsala .

if you are losing hair in coin shaped patch then u are suffering from alopecia areata,
alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease which needs to be treated
and as well dandruff needs to be treated as its an infection and it might aggravate the condition, will suggest you to start with Homoeopathic medicnes as its very safe ,natural and effctive and if u start your tretament at the earliest u can expect full recovery through homoeopathy , for more info u can write down at (
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
hi vathsala.sreenivasa,
welcome to Health Care Magic Forum,
For dandruff you can use NIZRAL shampoo twice a wk.If you have patchy hair loss just like a coin shaped patch then you have ALOPECIA AREATA .This condition needs to treated as soon as possible ,as it may increase and can involve whole scalp.I prefer giving inj on the patch with topical medicines like mintop 5% & diprovate lotion over the affected area.this might take atleast 3 -4 months for recovery.You need to consult a dermatologist fast.
Dr.Bharat Chawda