I got blood in stool. What could be the reason for this?

I found blood in my stool so i was facing problem of itching from many days. please consult me ASAP. Thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response
First off.. was the blood in your stool or on your stool.. what color was the stool its self...considering you have had itching as well I might wonder if hemroids could be the issue..
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
itching and drops of blood with stools is more indicative of piles. Though there are other possibilities also for having blood with stools but in majority of them blood rarely drops as droplets. Blood even after or before stools also indicates piles. Stool softners releases the pressure and check bleeding. In ayurveda we use panch sakar churan with bol badh ras and punarnava guggul. locally apply arsh hita ointment.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.Blood in stool is not common.If it in drops after passing stool you may have piles and if it comes as trickle it could be fissure.You need an local examination by your doctor for the diagnosis.Sometimes if happens that you may loosing blood in small quantity since long and notice it when the quantity becomes more.So make sure you do not heavy diet,drink plenty of fluids,avoid constipation and consult your doctor for the treatment.