I am getting some hissing sound in my ear, is this any symptoms of deafness ?

Dear Doctor , (1) I had my first experience of hissing sound in my right ear last year in the month of September 2010. It was started almost sudden and continuous. After visiting an ENT specialist , he prescribed medicines which I took and the hissing sound has gone within two months. (2) Again in the month of May 2011, suddenly the hissing sound has started in the right ear and it is continuing till now. Sometimes it is very prominent and I am worried and in anxiety due to this persistent condition. Many a times in a day it is my experience that the hissing sound is so prominent and loud that I cannot hear anything through the right ear. It is very ridiculous and disturbing. Sometimes the sound is so loud that I cannot hear anything through the right ear. Doctor’s diagnosed the disease as `Tinnitus’. At present, I am taking only one medicine. Vertin 24 mg (two times a day) Awaiting your advice please so that my deafness can be cured.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011