I am experiencing nerve pain / neuralgia on the left side of my groin.

I am 41 and experiencing nerve pain / neuralgia in my groin on the left side. It is worse when I have wind/gas and feels like that area is stretching and pressing on inflamed nerves. I have had several physical exams and an ultrasound, no sign of a hernia. I have no abnormal bowel conditions, but the sensation of trapped wind in the groin can be really painful until the wind disperses - which seems to happen within a few minutes of lying down. I am taking 10ml Ametrypteline for the nerve pain but it doesnt make much difference. What could be causing this.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Apr 2010