Hurting chest due to being in cheerleading team. Is a x-ray required to check ?

I have a high schooler who is base for the competitive cheerleading team and she keeps getting hits in the chest from her flyer falling on her and now her chest is hurting to breath and bend down. She says it will get better but then she gets hit again and it hurts even worse each time. When do I need to have an x-ray to check it out or is this just a normal thing with the flyer falling on her chest. The flyer weighs almost as much as my daughter. I just want to make sure she doesn t let this pain go on for too long. The stunt is just not hitting and she is getting hit a lot right now.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012