Hurt foot. What is the risen skin there? Will the joint be affected?

I smacked the outside of my right foot while pulling a barbque. It really hurt. As I continued on my way, it happend again in the exact same spot. A little later, an egg about an inch tall and oval in shape about 3 inches long developed. Does not hurt to walk, but is incredably sensivtive to touch and pressure. I noticed about 3 days later that there was bruising at the base of all my toes and a line along the outside edge of my foot. I called Kaiser Permanente and talked to a nurse. They set me up with an appointment two weeks out which will make it 3 weeks after the accident. I can manage with the pain, which is moderate along with an achy felling all round the foot. I just want to be sure that this might not be getting worse because I am walking on it. The injury seems to be right around the joint of the 5th matatarsil and the cuboid. Can you break a bone in this area and not have much pain when walking and putting weight on it?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012