How to check for skin cancer ?

how do i know if i have skin cancer
Asked On : Sat, 1 Jan 2011
im barely 14 and i cant tell if i have cancer or if its just a pimple but i dont think pimples bleed with a fluid and then white stuff coome out in between the middle of your chest.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Hi, Pimples which give out pus and bleed is not a sign of cancer. Not to worry. In most cases it suggests bacterial infection and pustule formation of the skin. It can be treated with antibiotic ointment in most cases. Eat healthy. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily. Avoid sun exposure. Use sunscreen to prevent UV light damage on the skin. Maintain proper hygiene. Avoid sweat accumulation. If the lesion does not heal you need to consult with a Dermatologist.
An early warning sign of skin cancer is a new, suspicious looking lesion on your skin.
if there is such lesion consult dermatologist, he will suggest you regarding further investigation.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If you suspect that the lesion you have on your chest could be cancer then you should consult a dermatologist and let him examine the lesion and if necessary do the required tests to confirm or exclude malignancy.
Without seeing the lesion or doing the necessary tests, it is not possible to give an opinion.
Since you have the suspicion, the best would be to consult the doctor and clear your doubt.
Wish you all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Forget about cancer!
It seems that you might have infected sybacious Cyst.
Consult surgeon and with very minor surgery he will remove the cyst and you will be alright.
Ok and bye.