How long does cerazette not to work ?

hi how long does cerazette not to work
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Hello there..
I couldnt get ur question properly.. so I am just answering about the tab...

Cerazette tablets are a type of hormonal contraceptive commonly known as the 'mini pill' or progestogen-only pill (POP). They contain the active ingredient desogestrel, which is a synthetic progestogen, similar to the natural progestogens produced by the body.
Desogestrel works as a contraceptive primarily by preventing the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It also acts by increasing the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of the womb, making it more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb. By preventing sperm entering the womb, successful fertilisation of any eggs that are released is less likely.
Desogestrel also acts to change the quality of the womb lining (endometrium). This prevents the successful implantation of any fertilised eggs onto the wall of the womb, thereby preventing pregnancy.
Cerazette tablets should be taken every day on a continuous basis, ie you take the packs back to back without a break, including when you are having a period. (This is unlike the combined pill, which is usually taken every day for three weeks, followed by a pill-free week.)