How fast can the Blood Cholesterol change ?

My Serum Cholesterol came to be 278.After a week on low fat diet ,I got the Serum Cholesterol again it came to be 174..Is this Possible ??
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
NO, a low fat diet will have almost NO effect on blood levels. I would rather have total cholesterol of 278 than 174. You may be comparing total cholesterol to LDL. You should not worry about either. Look at your HDL and your triglycerides. The closer together these two numbers are, the healthier you are. You can lower your triglycerides in just a couple of days by restricting carbohydrates. Since total=hdl + ldl+ 1/5 of triglycerides, the fastest way to lower total is a high fat, low carbohydrate diet. Never artificially lower your cholesterol. Trust your body, it knows more than all the doctors in the world. Pharmacist who's life was almost ruined by Lipitor