How can I stop my child from throwing up and his diarrhea and cough ?

My son is 16 months and had a cold that started about 2 weeks ago. As of Tuesday last week he started throwing up and a couple days of it was non stop. When I brought him to the docs that following Friday they just told me to keep him hydrated(he also had diarrhea ) and bring him back if it doesn t get better by Monday. By Monday he stopped throwing up and yesterday there was no throwing up but he has a raspy cough. today he started throwing up again and still has the cough yet the doctors when I just called just told me to keep him hydrated. should i take him somewhere anyway?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011