How can I get rid of clonazepam tablet ?

i am 33yrs.old man. i am clonazepam addict since last 10yrs. how can i do or take to leave this problem. hight-165cm. waight-45kg.
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
I need to know, reason for taking clonazepam, initially. So that if that primary condition gets treated, u will be able be off clonazepam. There are few regimens for clonazepam dependence (e.g r u on lower dose or a higher dose ), r u taking any other drugs / alcohol, smoking etc. Treatment will depend also on any other family / wprk-place related issues u have ? U need detoxification followed by relapse prevention. U can contact me on for appointment for live chat, if u wish to
General Surgeon Dr. Mitesh R. Trivedi's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
As you have mentioned that you are having this drug abuse since long, it is very difficult for you to stop the drug spontaneously by yourself. You have to consult at a deaddiction centre to come out of this drug addiction.
Best wishes for your health.
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Clonazepam is a commonly used medication to reduce anxiety. However, when used for a long period, patient may become dependent on the drug. Prescriptions by untrained doctors who do not have adequate knowledge about its use complicates the problem.

Since your problem is long standing, it is advisable to consult a de-addiciton specialist/psychiatrist and give a detailed history about any stress that might be bothering you and also the pattern of drug use. With proper guidance from a specialist, and a bit of motivation from your side, you can overcome the problem.