Home pregnancy test showed positive. Ultrasound showed nothing. What is going on?

I have a question my last period was Jan 10th im TTC and so about the 24th I ovulated ? i am now 15 days past ovulating and have a positive test but I had an ultrasound done feb4th I would prob only be 3 weeks 5 days pregnant and the doctor saw nothing not even thickening of uterus lining so he said it might be a chemical pregnancy :s I have taken like 5 pregnancy tests all positive .... the second line is slightly lighter but not to light
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012