Hit on the shin above ankle, swollen shin with numbness over area of impact, pain in upper part of foot. Remedy?

I have been searching the web for answers but have not been too successful. My question is the following: Two weeks ago I got hit by a line drive (baseball) on my left shin just above the ankle. It hurt like heck but I was able to play the whole game. I can walk without any real pain or discomfort, however the shin is still a bit swollen, the area where I was hit is slightly numb and I have pain in the upper part of my foot .
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012