History of long intervals in bowel movement. Normal stool colour and easy movement but less amounts. Cause?

I move my bowels every 3 or 4 days, which is my usual frequently and has been for many years. But within the past 1 1/2 to 2 years, I've noticed that the amount of stool I pass is only about half of what I usually pass. I haven't been constipated nor have I had diarrhea, and the stool seems to be a normal brown color and is easy to pass. The only other change besides the smaller amount is that it comes out it small pieces or clumps rather than one long piece. Based on the amount of food I eat each day, I would think I'd have much bigger stools or at least more frequent ones. What could be going on, particularly if nothing in terms of my lifestyle or diet has changed?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013