History of irregular heavy periods. Scan shows large ovary. On duphaston. Started spotting. Is it due to missed pills?

i have a history of irregular periods. i consulted a gynae because of heavy bleeding . the blood reports are normal but the scan shows that my right ovary is large. she asked me to reduce weight. i have been prescribed duphaston for 15 days. 3 times daily for three days and then 2 times daily for the next 12 days. i missed intake once but continued duphaston later. it has been 2 to 3 days now and suddenly spotting is there. is it due to missed intake of the pill? should i discontinue the pill?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012