History of hypo thyroid, PCOD. Taking thyroxine, metformin. Had miscarriage. Is it due to tablets?

Hi, my name is Saginaw. I am 32 years old. Married since one year. I have a history of hypothyroidism since 5 years. Am on thyroxine 75. I was diagnosed with Pcod last year, and my doctor put me on metformin 500*BD. I conceived 6 months back, but unfortunately miscarried in the 6th week. The cause was not of my friends told me that I may need clomiphene for my facilitating conception .. I just want to know if it is necessary that every woman with PCOD should be put on clomiphene. And also please recommend other ways which would help me conceives. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012