History of bowel problems. Burning anus, pale stools. Should I have a colonoscopy done?

Hi, I am 33 years old and have a history of bowel problems over the years, ranging from constipation, diarrhea , burning and itching at anus , intermittent flattened stool and mucus in stool. I was diagnosed with IBS about 4 years ago. However, over the past year and a half I ve been having the same symptoms again. I didn t go to the bathroom for the last 2 days. I felt bloated and uncomfortable, and since yesterday i was feeling this sensation of inflammation and infection in my bowels along with a slightly burning anus (I often get this symptom), and when I eventually went today, my stools were kinda pale/brown/greenish mixed and sort of flattened with mucus. Then I went again about 3 hours after and they were pale and looked kinda flattened as well, however I don t know if the pale stool is due to the 6 bananas I ate the day before to try to ease the constipated feeling. My stool however is never that brownish color which would indicate healthy stool, it always ranges from yellowish to pale. I ve been to 2 GI doctors before and no one seems to take me seriously, one has given me an endoscopy , where I was diagnosed with h-pylori and given triple treatment ,and the other has given me Dogmatil 50mg and told me to stop worrying. None thinks that I should have a colonoscopy . I am at my wits end, I am now suffering from anxiety and sleepless nights and I am constantly worried that it can be something worse. Can you lend me any advice?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  211 Awaiting Answer