High cholesterol levels. Prescribed Welchol. Suffering from GERD. Side effects?

Hi I am a 51 year old woman who has a cholesterol level of 303. My doctor just took me off of Cestor 5mg bc I was experiencing muscle cramps in my lower legs. She recommended I take Welchol. My question to you is as follows Is this new medicine safe to take with a person who suffers from GERD!! I read that it can cause indigestion and constipation (which I also suffer from)! I am VERY sensitive to most medicines. Please help, as my doctor seems to think that Welchol won t be a bother to me. Maybe I should have tried a different statin first, please advise Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013