High abdominal pains. Took nexium. Immunologist suggests that my liver enzymes are repeatedly coming back high. What are the findings and required treatment?

I am a 40 year old female that has been experiencing high abdominal pains regularly for the past 14 years...since the birth of my first child. It began occasionally where the pains would present early in the morning around 4 and last for approximately 5-10 minutes. I would have them for a week or so and then they would go away for a few weeks. After several times I went to my doctor and was prescribed nexium. This did not resolve the issue. After a few years of the pains occuring more often I had an ultrasound and my gall bladder was removed. This pains intensified and began to occur much more often. I've been told IBS, and sluggish colon and so on. My concern is that recently...and discovered by an allergist and now an immunologist that my liver enzymes are repeatedly coming back high...could the pain have been from the liver all this time? Also, the pain begins as a hunger pain and rapidly turns into intense pain that begins in the high front area but ends in the what is happening to the body when it experiences a hunger pain? And the pain only occurs now at 5-6 in the morning and again by 9-10 if I dont eat a breakfast.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013