Heavy menstrual bleeding, melasma, tranexamic acid. Is it OK to take the medicine?

I am 52 yo. I have heavy menstrual bleeding for 3days (have to change pads evry hour) then followed by 3 days of light and now for the 7th day almost gone. Last menstrual cycle ..i had my period for 2 weeks but not heavy. Went to Dermatologist for melasma and was told to take tranexamic acid 250mg 3x/day. I am in Japan and they say a lot of women take that here. I am scared to take it but when i read that it is prescribed for heavy mentrual bleeding I m thinking of taking it now..any advice?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012