Hello and welcome to HCM
There are multiple causes of pain in the chest (I assume you mean the chest region ie around the food pipe).
is caused due to:
1. Indigestion/ gastric problem
3. Heart problem (Angina
4. Lung problems: Pulmonary embolism- blood clot in lung blood vessels and Pneumothorax- Collection of air between the coverings of the lung
5. Perforation of any viscus/ organ in the region
6. Aortic dissection- Rupture of aortic wall
7. Muscular pain
8. Costochondritis- inflammation of the cartilage
9. Pericarditis- inflammation of the coverings of the heart
These are various causes of chest pain. But to know the cause in your case you need to get some investigations done.
This includes- complete hemogram, X-ray chest, ECG and may be an upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy
Visit your physician get your investigations done and appropriate treatment.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal