Headache, cold, body pain, post nasal drip, sore throat, swollen node, cough. Should I continue to treat myself?

Hello. I ve had a head cold for about a week, with headache , body aches post nasal drip and sore throat/swollen nodes with a persistant cough . While my other symptoms have improved, and I no longer have a fever over the past 24 hours the cough has become severe to the point where it is hard to take deep breaths or talk too much without a coughing fit. I also have not been able to sleep, I have been coughing up an opaque yellow phlegm that is somewhat solid. I have been talking cold meds along with a cough suppressant, I m concerned that this has progressed from a head cold and wonder if I should continue to treat myself or if a trip to the doctor is needed. Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012