Having severe eye pain after cataract surgery. Inserted tension ring. Is that the cause for eye pain?

I had eye trauma as a young child that caused me to devlope a cataract on my right eye. I had catatract surgery on 1/3/13 with a toric lense implant. (now age 49) I was experiencing severe eye pain after surgery with light sensitivity & headache even now, 3 days later with little improvement. I went in for follow up appointment the next day and was told I have a scratched cornea . During the surgery the surgeon said he had to insert an tension ring because I didn t have enough good zonules. I am wondering if the tension ring could have anything to do with my severe eye pain? I have another appointment on 1/9/13.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013