Having red, itchy and crusty eye. Applied eye drops. Symptoms came back again. Why is the cause and cure?

A few weeks ago, I woke up and my eyes were red, itchy, and one was crusty and shut. I called the doctor s office and they called in some eye drops for my pink eye. They helped for a while but some symptoms came back. I went to the doctor this time and they called in some allergy eye drops for me. When I don t use any makeup product on my face or use my contacts, my eyes seem fine. I haven t used my contacts since I started having symptoms. I bought all new makeup but after I use it, I wake up in the middle of the night with the same eye crusty and shut and red. I go back to sleep and wake up in the morning and it is all fine again. Why am i having these symptoms? How do I get rid of them?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012