Having recurrences of tonsil abscess after draining of puss. On penicillin, gentamicin. Can I take clindamycin? Is this staphilococcus?

I ve had a tonsillary abscess 3 weeks ago. It was surgically drained and I ve had administered intravenously 2 000 000 units penicillin and 1 gentamicin for 8 days, each 12 hours. I felt very well in the last 3 days of treatment, but just 2 days after, it recurred. It was less painful than the first one, but the inflammation was bigger. The doctor drained and searched for puss for 5 consecutive days (no puss found in the last day), while I continued same antibiotics treatment. Again I felt good, but again, only for 2 days. This is already the third consecutive round of same penicillin/gentamicin treatment with even more search for puss (none found). What do you think if I suggest the doctor to continue with 3 or 4 days of clindamycin , as I suspect I have staphilococcus aureus which is very resistent to penicillin ?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013