Having pain and itching in eyes when exposed to sunlight. Have pterygium. Surgery? Concerned

This Myeth from the Philippines, when I was younger an eye doctor told me that I have pterygium required for an operation because it grows very close to my cornea but since the operation is costly I just ignore it. Now I'm suffering from itchiness and to much pain when im exposed to sunlight and it really dusty in the place where Im working. Is this something I can do with it besides having that operation? Hoping for your kind response to my concern. God bless and more power
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013